Credibility, Advocate, Storytelling, Leadership, Influence
257 Advocate for Your Story – Heather Hansen
Today’s guest brings a unique perspective as both a trial attorney and a speaker. You’ll learn the power of credibility and becoming an advocate in your leadership and communication. You’ll also be inspired to become a more authentic leader who owns up to your mistakes and listens more deeply to the people you lead.
Heather Hansen has her psychology degree, has spent twenty years as an award-winning trial attorney, and is a trained mediator. She has appeared on NBC, Fox News Channel, CNN, MSNBC, CBS and has presented in Kuwait, Ireland, Mexico and throughout the United States.
Heather is the author of the best-seller The Elegant Warrior: How to Win Life’s Trials Without Losing Yourself, which Publishers Weekly calls a “template to achieving personal and career success.” She is also the host of The Elegant Warrior podcast.
- Why it’s not enough to tell you story—you must advocate for it.
- The crafting of a story, and its relationship to credibility and being an advocate.
- The importance of owning up to your mistakes.
- How Heather, as an elegant warrior, shows up as a storyteller and leader.
- Heather’s role models in storytelling and leadership.
- What makes a great storyteller.
- The challenge of allowing yourself to be vulnerable in the courtroom.
- The biggest mistake leaders make when sharing their story.
Click to Tweet
- Facts tells, #stories sell, but advocates win. @imheatherhansen
- Sometimes the best way to build #credibility is to own it when you can’t do what you promised you would do. @imheatherhansen
- Anytime you can see things from the audience’s perspective, you are able to tell the #story in a way that resonates with them on some level. @imheatherhansen