Sales, Marketing, Business, Training, Relationships
229 Strategies for Getting Booked – Diane DiResta
You have honed and crafted your message, and you’re ready to share it with audiences. But how do you actually get booked as a speaker? Today’s guest shares loads of tips you can start putting into practice right away to start booking more speaking opportunities.
Diane DiResta, CSP, is Founder and CEO of DiResta Communications, Inc., a New York City consultancy that serves business leaders who deliver high-stakes presentations, whether one-to-one, in front of a crowd, or from an electronic platform. Diane is the author of Knockout Presentations: How to Deliver Your Message with Power, Punch, and Pizzazz, which has been called the “Bible of Public Speaking.” With a client list that boasts companies and organizations
like Tiffany & Co., Madison Square Garden, NBA, Spectrum Reach, and L’Oreal.
A Certified Speaking Professional, Diane is one of only 12% of speakers to hold that designation. She was President of the New York City chapter of National Speakers Association and former media trainer for the NBA and WNBA. Diane has been featured on CNN and Bloomberg Radio, and quoted in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Guardian UK, and Investor’s Business Daily. She currently resides in Staten Island, New York.
- Why speaking is the new competitive advantage.
- How Diane transitioned to a speaking career.
- The value of speaking for free at the beginning of your speaking career in places such as Rotary, Chamber of Commerce, or libraries.
- Strategies to book yourself on stages.
- Why you should not be a “jack of all trades” when pitching yourself.
- What Diane has learned from mistakes she has made in speaking.
- The value of getting training in sales and marketing, and focusing on building your relationships and network.
Knockout Presentations by Diane DiResta
To access the special MemberVault training and access to your FREE account, click HERE.
Click to Tweet
- We have all become commoditized, and what separates you from the pack is your presentation. @speakingpro #speaking
- Gifted speakers are born, but effective #speakers are made. @speakingpro
- Want to book more #speaking opportunities? Our guest @speakingpro reveals tips you can put into practice right now to increase your speaking success.