TEDx events take place in all kinds of locations and communities. Today’s guest takes us behind the scenes of his efforts to spread great ideas in an unexpected setting: prisons.
Ajit George is a TEDx organizer, creative marketer, serial entrepreneur, philanthropist, and dream catcher who divides his time between Wilmington, Delaware and Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands. He has over forty years of experience in creative marketing, strategic planning and business development in many different arenas ranging from broadcasting to non-profits and resort real estate development.
Ajit served as the organizer and executive producer of the 2012-2017 TEDxWilmington Conferences, in addition to numerous other TEDx conferences. The TEDx talks given at TEDxWilmington have been viewed over five million times on YouTube.
- The twelve different TEDx events Ajit was involved in over the past year.
- Why it’s important to have a tribe of volunteers.
- More about the salon event in a prison he created last year.
- What Ajit looks for when curating one of his many events.
- How to apply as a speaker to TEDxWilmington
- Ajit’s favorite TED talks.
- What does @ajitgeorgeSB look for when curating a #TEDx event? Someone with an idea worth spreading.
- It’s important to recruit and maintain a loyal group of people who are passionate about doing something. @ajitgeorgeSB #TEDx
- On this episode, @ajitgeorgeSB shares a behind-the-scenes look at creating #TEDx events in #prisons.