Cathey Armillas is an international speaker, marketing expert, TED Talk trainer, and author of the award-winning book The Unbreakable Rules of Marketing: 9 ½ Ways to Get People to Love You. Cathey is also the creator of the program How to Rock a TED Talk and the organizer for TEDxPortland (one of the largest TEDx events in the world) and TEDxMendeWomen in Nigeria. She has delivered a TEDx Talk herself and coaches celebrities, teams at Fortune 100 companies, industry experts, and others with great ideas to deliver the best presentations of their lives.
- Why the TEDxPortland team doesn’t automatically allot 18 minutes to all their speakers.
- Why you must hone your idea when applying to speak at a TED event.
- How Cathey and her team select speakers and topics for the event.
- How TedxPortland finances the event and partners with sponsors.
- What makes a great speaker.
- Cathey’s experience working with TEDxMendeWomen in Nigeria.
- Cathey’s favorite TED talk.
- A #TED talk is a mini-marketing campaign for an #idea. @puramarketing
- On this episode, discover how @puramarketing and her team plan #TEDxPortland with excellence and intentionality.
- What makes a great #speaker? They realize it’s not about them, and they are offering a gift to whomever is listening. @puramarketing #TEDxPortland