You may deliver the same talk numerous times, but no two audiences are the same. Today’s guest will help you grasp the importance of understanding your audience and what they need. She also shares practical ways to engage with your audience and receive feedback to make your talk even better.
Laura Templeton is the Founder and CEO of 30 Second Success, a company helping professionals make better connections and obtain more business in 30 seconds or less. Laura’s passion for helping people succeed, her creative writing skills, and her 15+ years of experience in direct sales and personal development collided when she stepped into a leadership role with a national networking organization. Her desire to support her members identified a need within the professional community for consulting on your 30-second commercials for networking and video. She now has a thriving business built around crafting branded messaging that connects on a deeper level and teaching people to use networking as a marketing strategy through building better connections.
- What Laura believes makes a good speaker.
- Why you must speak to the desires of your audience’s heart.
- What it means to be an engaging speaker.
- The importance of interacting with your audience before your presentation.
- How Laura’s business has changed over the last several years.
- How to tap into your tribe to get helpful feedback.
- Why you should never show up unprepared, or show up late for a talk.
- What you can do to guarantee that you will be heard.
- The importance of being a great storyteller.
Click to Tweet