112 The Secret to Becoming a Great Author & Speaker – Lolly Daskal
What is the secret to impacting audiences through writing and speaking? Is it confidence? Charisma? Eloquence? The answer may surprise you. Today’s guest reveals counter-intuitive wisdom, gained from decades of leadership, on how to impact your audience whether you are writing or speaking.
Lolly Daskal is one of the most sought-after executive leadership coaches in the world. Her extensive cross-cultural expertise spans fourteen countries, six languages, and hundreds of companies.
As founder and CEO of Lead from Within, her proprietary leadership program is engineered to be a catalyst for leaders who want to enhance performance and make a meaningful difference in their companies, their lives, and the world. Based on a mix of modern philosophy, science, and nearly thirty years coaching top executives, Lolly’s perspective on leadership continues
to break new ground and produce exceptional results. Her writing has appeared in HBR, Inc.com, Fast Company (Ask The Expert), Psychology Today, and others. Lolly’s insights are the subject of her national bestselling book, The Leadership Gap: What Gets Between You and Your Greatness.
- Why Lolly focused on the big talk instead of a book for many years, and how her big talk has changed since the book’s release.
- How she discovered her core message by working with clients.
- Lolly’s process for turning The Leadership Gap into a talk.
- The three keys to a talk that moves people.
- The most important thing to remember when giving a talk.
- Lolly’s writing process.
- How speaking and writing have impacted her business.
- The surprising way in which Lolly chose the publisher for her book.
- The secret to being a great writer and speaker, and why passion and soul are so important.
Click To TweetPeople want a talk that moves them, is actionable, and is meaningful. @LollyDaskal #speaking