240 Becoming a Vulnerable Speaker – Mike Shereck
Vulnerable, Community, Curiosity, Responsibility, Men
Becoming a Vulnerable Speaker – Mike Shereck
Popular thinking about masculinity tells us that men are to be strong and tough. Today’s guest shows how going through the Speakers Who Dare process helped him embrace his vulnerable side while also increasing his speaking platform.
Mike Shereck is a leader, coach, and author. He’s also a real guy with over thirty years of experience in construction and manufacturing. He works with leaders and teams to empower them in the ever-changing, challenging, ambiguous, and chaotic world of business today. Mike has an unparalleled stand for men and their leadership and is committed to shifting the narrative around men, leadership, and their impact. He believes it’s possible to honor our authentic masculine self, while accepting, honoring and partnering with, and contributing to, all others with whom we share this world. Mike is the author of Berwyn Rules: Leadership Secrets of 26thStreet. He is also a Harley Davidson enthusiast.
- A bit about Mike’s speaking platform today, and what is was like before Speakers Who Dare.
- How speaking has helped expand Mike’s platform.
- Why Mike believes this topic of being a man is so daring and pushes so many buttons.
- What Mike learned about himself through the Speakers Who Dare process.
- How Speakers Who Dare has impacted Mike personally and professionally.
- Mike’s advice for anyone who wants to do a big talk.
Mike’s talk: Man Up
Call Mike at (630) 643-6336
Click to Tweet
- What I’ve realized is that the really important thing is the message and idea, not the performance. ~via Mike Sherek #speaking
- If you really want to be courageous, you have to be #vulnerable. ~via Mike Sherek
- It’s not about you—it’s really about the idea and the perspective and shift you are standing for. ~via Mike Sherek #speaking