Episode 165 The Importance of an Irresistible Idea – Tamsen Webster
Many people who view a TED talk realize that preparation is an important part of the process. Today’s guest helps us see that when you combine serious preparation with an irresistible idea, the result can be magic.
Tamsen Webster is an acclaimed keynote speaker, “idea whisperer,” and message strategist. She has a combined twenty years in marketing experience, thirteen years as a Weight Watchers leader, and four years as Executive Producer of one of the oldest and one of the largest locally organized TED talk events in the world. Her goal is to help others understand, talk about, and create lasting change. As a result, she is an in-demand consultant on finding the ideas that move people to action.
- Behind-the-scenes info of TEDxCambridge.
- How the event is unique among TEDx events.
- The intensive process the speakers go through to prepare for the event.
- Why speakers must be proactive and find the event that best fits them.
- Why there is a strong connection between people who reach out to the event organizer directly, and people who do it for the wrong reasons.
- Two reasons why you SHOULD give a TED talk.
- Tamsen’s favorite thing about being an event organizer.
- Tamsen’s favorite TED talks.