237 Resilience Redefined Beyond Survival – Amy O’Neill
Survival, Resilience, Feedback, Mindset, Process
Resilience Redefined Beyond Survival – Amy O’Neill
Every big talk has the potential to change lives. This is especially true of today’s speaker, who prepared a life-changing talk about survival and resilience. She will inspire you with her story of taking her expertise to a deeper level and helping people become more resilient beyond just surviving.
Amy C. O’Neill, MS, LPC has built a career in mental health over two-and-a-half decades, and traveled a personal path that has proven over and over again that resilience is key to truly living healthy, both in mind and body. Resilience enables us to face tragedy and still take the necessary steps to go through. Resilience is mandatory for us to recover when obstacles interfere. And, as Amy can attest, resilience can be harnessed.
After methodically training and successfully completing three Ironman Triathlons, and the prestigious Boston Marathon five times, Amy knows how mental and physical focus can lead to success. Perhaps her biggest life test was being thrust into the role of a Boston Marathon Bombing Survivor. Her testimony understanding the path of the unthinkable has opened up her eyes to a new way of going through adversity. Amy’s goal is to share her lived and learned knowledge with others. The survival journey is complicated, and we can not only survive challenges, but also thrive and create a life we love.
- Various ways that Amy is using her speaking platform to impact lives and advocate for survivors.
- The value of understanding your message fully.
- The mindset shift to begin owning who you are as a speaker.
- What Amy learned about herself in the Speakers Who Dare process.
- The most surprising thing about the process for Amy.
- Why doing this talk represented a risk for Amy.
- How Speakers Who Dare has impacted Amy personally and professionally.
- Her tips for anyone doing a big talk.
Amy’s talk: Resilience Re-Defined, Beyond Survival
Click to Tweet
- I made the decision, if I’m going to do this, to go all in. @resilient_amy #speaking
- I knew I had something I #believed in deeply, and I had to not worry about things that were going to interfere with my #confidence. @resilient_amy
- You have to step outside of yourself and into the bigger scope of the #audience. @resilient_amy