Vulnerability, Relationships, Audience, Connection, Love
209 Speak from a Place of Love – Antuan Magic Raimone
Speaking from a stage can represent power, authority, and leadership. Today’s guest shares a powerful reminder that love is also vital part of the speaker’s equation for connecting with an audience and spreading great ideas.
Antuan Magic Raimone is an actor, TEDx speaker, and activist with twenty years of experience in musical theater who is currently a Universal Swing for Hamiltonon Broadway. He was also the Vacation Swing for In The Heightson Broadway and has performed at Radio City Music Hall and the Grand Ole Opry in Tennessee. As a speaker, he most recently gave a keynote speech at the SPECTRUM Conference in Albany, NY. He also spoke at the United States Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA) and is a member of the OVS Advisory Council.
- Magic’s current role as a “swing” in Hamilton.
- What Magic learned about himself during the process of being a TEDx speaker.
- What he would do differently as a speaker, and what he would repeat.
- The value of rehearsing so that you can connect with the audience.
- What was most surprising about Magic’s TEDx experience.
- Three pieces of advice for potential TEDx speakers.
- How being a TEDx speaker has helped Magic personally and professionally.
Click to Tweet
- On this episode, @AntuanRaimone reveals how #love is a vital part of the speaker’s equation for connecting with an audience and spreading great ideas.
- Go with an idea you are afraid of sharing. @AntuanRaimone #speaking
- We have no way of knowing what or how our #idea can help someone else. @AntuanRaimone