This week on The Big Talk, I am sharing an incredible conversation with my dear friend Antuan Magic Raimone.
Together, we are talking about leadership, vulnerability, and a true favorite of theatre lovers around the world, Hamilton.
Magic is a New York City-based TEDx speaker, performer, and advocate. As a childhood sexual abuse survivor, he is using his voice to help those who have not found their own. He is a member of the Office of Victim Services Advisory Council and has given keynotes at the University of Virginia and the SPECTRUM Conference in Albany, NY, as well as the United States Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA).
With more than 20 years of professional performance experience, he is currently with the Pulitzer Prize and 11x Tony Award-winning Hamilton as a Universal Swing, covering the six male ensemble members for the five U.S. companies. Additional credits include the 4x Tony Award-winning In the Heights (Broadway, Off-Broadway, and First National Tour—Graffiti Pete U/S, Associate D/C, and Vacation Swing) and six years with the Radio City Christmas Spectacular (Ensemble). Becoming Magic is Antuan’s debut as an author.
We start with Magic’s backstory and how seeking therapy for the childhood sexual abuse he experienced actually brought him to becoming a speaker. He truly wanted to help the center that helped him, and without any financial means to do so, he volunteered to speak — to use his voice to assist others in getting help, too.
And the power of Magic’s influential voice has only grown since then!
In this episode, we’ll explore:
- Magic’s first invitation to a TEDx stage and what he felt in that moment
- How he landed his role in Hamilton, what it was like when the pandemic left theatres dark, and what’s its like now to be back in rehearsals
- Designing and curating the life that you desire and making space for what is meant for you
- What it’s like to work in a space that’s intentional and purposefully offering support for you as whole, vulnerable people
- How you can learn to love yourself and become magic in your own life
- Magic’s current favorites — Book: Oh, The Places You’ll Go!, Speakers: Brené Brown and Dax Shepard, and Podcasts: Armchair Expert and The Laverne Cox Show
More from Magic
His TEDx Lincoln Square Talk, Soldier of Love: My Survivor Journey
Website: www.thesoldieroflove.us (When you sign up for the newsletter, you will receive FREE access to the first chapter of Magic’s book.)
LinkedIn: Antuan Raimone
More from Tricia
Tell Your Powerful Story at The Speaker Salon
Consistently Share Your Big Idea with Secrets of The Big Talk
Download my FREE Ebook: 7 Step Formula for Fearless Speaking
Explore my content and follow me on YouTube
Follow me on Instagram
Connect with me on Facebook
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Visit my website at TriciaBrouk.com