Today’s show is another in a series of bonus episodes each featuring one of the incredible talks given by my participants in The Big Talk Academy as a part of our Virtual Showcase. This showcase is the culmination of their hard work as they cross the finish line to becoming certified speakers.
These episodes give you a peek behind the scenes to witness the amazing Big Talks presented and also give you exclusive access to my live feedback and the direction I give to each speaker immediately following their performances.
This week’s episode features Dr. Olivia Ong and her talk, Self-Worth Through the Eyes of Self Compassion.
Dr. Olivia is a physician from Melbourne, Australia. She is a medical leadership coach, speaker, and author. Her mission is to help fellow physicians lead more balanced and heart-centered lives by utilizing self compassion so that they can thrive at work and at home without the burnout.
In her powerful and eye-opening Big Talk, Olivia reminds us how to return to self-compassion and why it’s so important.
In this talk, she explores:
- Her own journey of being a burned-out perfectionist and the life changing event she experienced
- Why so many of us, especially doctors, struggle with self-worth and asking for help
- The three key components of self compassion and self-worth
- What self compassion gives us and a tangible way to start practicing it now
More from Dr. Olivia
More from Tricia
Tell Your Powerful Story at The Speaker Salon
Consistently Share Your Big Idea with Secrets of The Big Talk
Download my FREE Ebook: 7 Step Formula for Fearless Speaking
Explore my content and follow me on YouTube
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Connect with me on Facebook
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Visit my website at TriciaBrouk.com
Click To Tweet
- Mindfulness, common humanity, and self acceptance� — these are the three pillars of self compassion and these were the things that gave me self-worth. ~Dr. Olivia Ong� #selfcompassion #selfworth
- Self compassion allows you to remain calm in the face of failure, rejection, and criticism.� ~Dr. Olivia Ong� #selfcompassion #selfworth