Episode 110 How to Structure Your Book or Big Talk – Dr. Angela Lauria
Do you want to write a book but don’t know how to get started? Today’s guest reveals a simple and practical framework that forms the structure your book. You’ll also learn how to apply this same framework to your next big talk.
Dr. Angela E. Lauria is the founder of The Author Incubator™ and creator of the Difference Process™ for writing a book that matters. In 2017, The Author Incubator was ranked #285 on the Inc. 500 fastest growing companies and Dr. Angela was named by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of the top 10 most inspiring entrepreneurs to watch—one of only 2 women on the list.
Dr. Angela hosts ^Page UP^ a podcast which provides inspiration and information for authors who want to leverage a book to reach more people with their message. She is the author of Make ‘Em Beg to Publish Your Book: How to Reach a Larger Audience & Make a Full-Time Income in the Extremely Overcrowded World of Personal Development, The Incubated Author: 10 Steps to Start a Movement with Your Message and The Difference: 10 Steps to Writing a Book That Matters.
- Why Angela thinks of herself as a reader first.
- Why you can speak first or write a book, depending on your calling.
- How Angela narrows a book into a talk.
- How to structure a book or talk using Angela’s three-part framework.
- A strategy for applying the framework to each 6-minute segment of an 18-minute talk, and how to expand or contract those sections to fit the length of your talk.
- How to turn an 18-minute talk into a bestselling book.
- How Angela keeps her clients out of their own way during the book-writing process.
- Why she named her company The Author Incubator.
- How speaking helps build her business.
- Why she loves writing more than speaking.
- Angela’s advice for those just starting out.
Make ‘Em Beg to Publish Your Book by Angela Lauria
The Incubated Author by Angela Lauria
The Difference by Angela Lauria
Connect with Angela on Facebook
Connect with Angela on LinkedIn
Follow Angela on Twitter
Follow Angela on Instagram
Click to Tweet