Episode 109 Growing Your Business with a Big Talk – Gene Hammett
With so many technologies and online tools available today, is it necessary to speak in order to grow your business? Our guest today not only believes so—he is living proof that speaking can form a great foundation for business success.
Gene Hammett turns everyday entrepreneurs into FORCES of nature in their market. He sorts through the complexities of business strategies to help you “be THE choice, not just a choice.”
Gene has been a business leader for 20+ years. He started and ran multiple million dollar companies. He succeeded, failed, reinvented himself, and succeeded again. On his podcast, Leaders in the Trenches, Gene has interviewed hundreds of world thought leaders and best-selling New York Times authors. Gene has been featured in Forbes, Success Magazine, Business Insider, and INC Magazine. Gene is also a regular contributor to Entrepreneur Magazine.
- Why Gene creates the talk first instead of the book.
- His process for turning the talk into a book.
- Why Gene writes in the early mornings
- Why he wrote the book in large blocks of time.
- The importance of scheduling writing time on the calendar.
- The difference between writing short form content (such as blog posts) versus writing a book.
- Why it’s vital to get many sets of eyes on your book to clean up mistakes and give you a fresh perspective.
- How speaking has become the #1 way Gene has grown his business the last five years.
Click to Tweet