Today, I am sharing my thoughts on what it means to find your perfect mentor.
I was inspired to explore this topic with you on the podcast because recently I’ve had a few stories come across my desk from clients about their experiences with different coaches.
And I wanted to take this opportunity to share my own journey with mentorship — from way back in dance school all the way to my career now working with speakers who are taking big stages.
I’m sharing all of this with you in hopes of supporting you as you too make decisions about what kind of mentors and coaches you decide to be in partnership with. Because these relationships truly are partnerships and are very intimate in nature as you work towards a common goal together.
In this episode, we’ll explore:
- My backstory and several of my mentoring experiences
- How to use your own experiences to shape the kind of mentor or coach you choose to become
- Why you have to know what is best for you when working with a coach or mentor, and the importance of standing up for yourself
- What an irresponsible mentor relationship looks like and what a great mentorship looks like, and why it’s so important to know the difference
- Things you can think about and look for when seeking your own mentor or coach
More from Tricia
Tell Your Powerful Story at The Speaker Salon
Consistently Share Your Big Idea with Secrets of The Big Talk
Download my FREE Ebook: 7 Step Formula for Fearless Speaking
Explore my content and follow me on YouTube
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Connect with me on Facebook
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Visit my website at TriciaBrouk.com
Click To Tweet
- Sometimes when you have a coach or a mentor they may not know what’s best for you� and it’s really important that you get clear on what’s best for you. ~Tricia Brouk #mentorship #knowyourself
- If you don’t know where someone is and why they are where they are, �how is it even remotely possible that you support them?� ~Tricia Brouk #speakers #mentors