248 Creating a Connection Through Storytelling – Jason Harris
Connection, Storytelling, Emotions, Authenticity, Vulnerability
Creating a Connection Through Storytelling – Jason Harris
What truly moves people to action, the head or the heart? While information and content is vital, today’s guest reminds us that storytelling and connecting with people’s hearts through vulnerability is the most powerful way to impact them.
Jason Harris is the president and CEO of the award-winning creative agency Mekanism and works closely with brands through a blend of soul and science to create shareable and provocative campaigns that engage audiences. Jason’s passion for leveraging the power of storytelling to humanize brands and establish an emotional connection with consumers as people rather than mere transactions has revolutionized the role and impact of modern marketing. Jason’s innovative methods are currently studied at Harvard Business School through the case study “Mekanism: Engineering Viral Marketing.”
- A bit about Jason’s current speaking platform.
- Why Jason is so passionate about storytelling.
- Why storytelling can be more powerful than focusing on just teaching content.
- How body language and movement play a critical role in effective speaking.
- The framework Jason used in his talk: personal to broad to urgent.
- The most surprising things Jason learned from Speakers Who Dare.
- How speaking has impacted Jason personally and professionally.
- Jason’s tips for becoming a more effective speaker.
Jason’s talk: Born to Tell
The Soulful Art of Persuasionby Jason Harris
Click to Tweet