Confidence, Pitching, Relationships, Audience, Practice
223 Make the Investment in Yourself – Karen Litzy
Speaking success doesn’t come automatically. You may be known in your field, but you must start at the beginning when building a speaking career. Today’s guest shares her story of making the investment in herself and building her speaking career over a number of years.
Dr. Karen Litzy is a licensed physical therapist, international speaker, owner of Karen Litzy Physical Therapy, host of the podcast “Healthy Wealthy & Smart,” and the creator of the Women in Physical Therapy Summit. Through her work as a physical therapist, she has helped thousands of people overcome painful conditions, recover from surgery, and return to their lives with family and friends.
As a podcast host, she has interviewed influencers in the world of health, medicine, and entrepreneurship, including Gloria Steinem, Dr. Karim Kahn, JJ Virgin, and Professor Lorimer Moseley.
She has been a featured speaker at national and international prevents, including the International Olympic Committee, the Injury Prevention Conference in Monaco, and the Sri Lanka Sports & Exercise Medicine Conference.
- The importance of becoming a student of speaking in order to get more stages.
- Karen’s process for pitching herself as a speaker.
- The importance of being yourself with your content and ideas when pitching.
- Why you must build relationships over a number of years in order to be successful in speaking.
- How setting an intention can help you accomplish your goals faster.
- The importance of your community in helping you be more successful.
- Why you must know the material inside out.
- How speaking has increased Karen’s business by other physical therapists referring patients to her, and having the courage to branch out beyond the stage.
- Karen’s tips for getting into public speaking.
To access the special MemberVault training and access to your FREE account, click HERE.
Click to Tweet
- When you get on stage and you have confidence, people notice that and want you to come and speak to their audience as well. @karenlitzyNYC #speaking
- You have to make the investment in yourself so you have the tools to do it right. @karenlitzyNYC #speaking
- If you know your #audience, and what you are slated to do, then you must cater your talk to the specific audience and the role you are there to play. @karenlitzyNYC