Physical Therapy, Audience, Message, Simplify, Connection
197 Simplify Your Message – Karen Litzy
Every great speaker knows that it’s all about the audience. Today’s guest reveals that a key part of connecting to the audience is simplifying the message and removing jargon and language they may not understand. She also shares why improv training has helped become a better speaker.
Dr. Karen Litzy, PT, DPT is currently the owner of Karen Litzy Physical Therapy, PLLC, a concierge physical therapy practice in New York City. She serves as part of the social media team for the non-for-profit PT Day of Service and is an elected member of the Nominating Committee for the Private Practice Section of the American Physical Therapy Association. She is also the co-founder of the Women in PT Summit.
Karen is the host of the weekly podcast Healthy Wealthy & Smart, where she interviews influencers in the world of physical therapy, health, and entrepreneurship.
- Karen’s audiences, and why she needs to tailor the talks for each one.
- How Karen learns about her audience, and the value of looking at your social media analytics.
- Why it is important to know whom you’re speaking to and simplify your message.
- What Karen learned from Sally Hogshead about researching your audience and tailoring a message to them.
- What Karen wants from her audience, and how she establishes a meaningful connection with them.
- Karen’s strategy for pivoting when she is not connecting with an audience, and how improv training has helped her.
- Karen’s three action words in speaking: discover, challenge, initiate.
Click to Tweet
- Sometimes the best way to find out more about your #audience is just to ask them. @karenlitzyNYC #speaking
- It’s important to find out who your #audience is so you can simplify your #message and remove the industry jargon. @karenlitzyNYC
- On this episode, discover how #improv training has helped @karenlitzyNYC become a more effective #speaker.