Action, Psychology, Storytelling, Hero, Dare
188 Dare Your Audience to Be Better – Marc Cordon
What are the most powerful ways to get your audience to take action? Today’s guest shares his strategy of daring and provoking the audience to be better than they are. You’ll also learn how he uses storytelling, humor, metaphor, and other means to help his audience transform their lives.
Marc Cordon is the founder of Greater Good Strategic & Life Coaching, which serves rebellious entrepreneurs, misfit coaches, and elite performers who are committed to changing history for the better. He is the author of the internationally bestselling book on positive psychology coaching, Beyond Resilient: The Coach’s Guide to Ecstatic Growth.
He has received several coaching accolades from the Institute for Professional and Excellence in Coaching, including an Energy Leadership Index—Master Practitioner, Certified Professional Coach, and COR.E Dynamics specialties in Transitions, Leadership, Performance, and Wellbeing. He also received a BS in Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology, and a Masters in Public Health in Policy & Management.
For over two decades, he has assisted countless people in self-development through speaking engagements, retreats, mini-courses, and 1-on-1 advising and mentoring. Marc loves spending time with his family and plays roller derby under the nickname of Manila Ice.
- Marc’s four audiences, and why anyone who is receiving our communication can be considered an audience.
- How Marc learns about his audiences.
- Why it’s important to know whom you’re talking to.
- The concept of a speaker as a protagonist, and why the audience wants you to take them on a Hero’s Journey.
- What Marc wants from his audience, and strategies he uses to get it.
- The power of metaphor, humor, and stories.
- A time when Marc gave a talk but did not know his audience, and what he learned.
- Marc’s three action words in speaking: affirm, provoke, disrupt.
To get a free copy of Marc’s forthcoming book, email him at [email protected].
Click to Tweet
- The audiences I speak in front of, are usually #audiences I want to be in. ~Marc Cordon #speaking
- On this episode, Marc Cordon shares why the speaker is like a #protagonist, and how to take the audience on a Hero’s Journey. #storytelling
- Dare your audience to be better than where their limiting beliefs keep them. ~Marc Cordon