243 Connecting the Dots – Mari Carmen Pizarro
Leadership, Storytelling, Curiosity, Audience, Coaching
Connecting the Dots – Mari Carmen Pizarro
When it comes to your platform, it’s easy to feel like the various pieces don’t connect together. Today’s guest shares how she has blended her storytelling, speaking, and leadership into a unique mix, and how you can do the same as well.
Mari Carmen Pizarro is the Founder of Whole Leadership Systems, a boutique consulting firm dedicated to developing high-performing executives and leaders. She has over 25 years of experience in leadership and human performance and is an expert at integrating emotional intelligence with sustained levels of high performance. A seasoned Keynote and TEDx speaker, Mari Carmen captivates audiences all over the world, bridging the multicultural and diversity gaps with her content. She is also the founder of the International Leadership Academy for Women.
- A bit about Mari’s speaking platform.
- The value of having a great coach.
- How Mari is connecting the dots between storytelling, speaking, and leadership.
- The transferrable skills between leadership and speaking.
- How a talk can give birth to a book, and vice-versa.
- What Mari learned about herself in the Speakers Who Dare process.
- How speaking has impacted Mari personally and professionally.
- Her tips for becoming a more effective speaker.
Mari’s talk: Shattering the Glass Ceiling
Click to Tweet
- In order to #serve people at a higher level, I needed to let go of a few things. @maristreamlined
- When I say “I owned the #stage,” it’s not from an ego perspective. I owned it so I can give it away to the listener. @maristreamlined
- If I’m doing it for myself and my ego, it’s going to be short-lived. @maristreamlined #speaking