Episode 108 An Introvert’s Leap into Public Speaking – Morra Aarons-Mele
How does a self-described “hermit entrepreneur” make the leap into giving a big talk? Our guest reveals how she worked through her fear and began speaking. You’ll also learn why it’s important to know yourself and forge your own path for success.
Morra Aarons-Mele is an entrepreneur, author, and a leading forecaster of business, politics, and culture in our fast-moving digital age. She is the founder of award-winning social impact agency Women Online, hosts the Forbes podcast “Hiding in the Bathroom,” and created the influencer network The Mission List. She was founding Political Director for BlogHer.com, and has written for the Harvard Business Review, the Huffington Post, MomsRising, the Wall St. Journal, New York Times, and The Guardian. Aarons-Mele is a graduate of Brown University and the Harvard Kennedy School, and lives in her pajamas in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Why Morra wrote Hiding in the Bathroom.
- The reasons her day job and book promotion are separate.
- How her first keynote address hit a nerve with people and eventually led her to writing the book.
- Morra’s writing process for the book, and why it took her six months to prepare a great book proposal.
- Why it’s so important to get help with your work.
- The importance of preparation before giving a big talk.
- How Morra uses social media to enhance the impact of her speaking.
- How often she likes to give big talks.
- Why it’s important to know yourself and be honest with yourself.
Hiding in the Bathroom by Morra Aarons-Mele
Morra’s Forbes podcast: Hiding in the Bathroom
Use your social media influence to change the world by joining TheMissionlist.com
Follow Morra on Twitter
Click to Tweet