I’m so excited to share this week’s episode with you. This interview is with the incredible Natalie Maniscalco. She and I met years ago and are so happy to be reconnecting for this conversation.
Natalie is a publicist with close to 15 years of experience. In 2010, she founded Retro Media NYC, a multifaceted public relations, marketing, design, and events agency. Prior to PR, Natalie was a high school teacher and soccer coach. She continues her passion for education by teaching public relations through bluePRint, an online course for small business owners, marketing professionals, and communications students.
Natalie is also the co-founder of WONDER GIRLS, a non-profit and after-school program for high school girls that focuses on building confidence, leadership, and business skills.
Having lived in some of the world’s most extraordinary cities, including Barcelona, Rome and New York, Natalie is an adventurous traveler with a passion for people, culture, languages, and writing. She holds a degree in Mass Communications/Media Studies and Business Administration from Fordham University.
We start our conversation by diving into Natalie’s backstory and we go deep into her love for the arts of teaching and storytelling. As with the arts of speaking and communication, teaching and storytelling are all about sharing your knowledge and truth with someone in a way that can change, and even save a life.
It’s all about leaving your legacy. And legacy is a big topic that runs through today’s interview.
In this episode, we’ll explore:
- The art of teaching and the power of storytelling
- Changing careers and pursuing your passions
- Standing up for yourself & starting over when things fall apart
- Building confidence, leadership & business skills in girls
- How you can make a difference & impact the next generation
- Using social media and media in general for good
- The importance of giving back to your community
- Natalie’s current favorites — Book: Forever by Pete Hamill, Speaker: Ellen Cohen, her high school public speaking teacher, and Podcast: PR Nation
More from Natalie
More from Tricia
Consistently Share Your Big Idea with Secrets of The Big Talk
Download my FREE Ebook: 7 Step Formula for Fearless Speaking
Explore my content and follow me on YouTube
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Connect with me on Facebook
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Follow The Big Talk on Twitter
Visit my website at TriciaBrouk.com
Click To Tweet
- When you have confidence, you feel like you can do anything. � ~Natalie Maniscalco #confidence #wondergirls
- I can choose to tell the story of my clients and I can choose to put out the good.� ~Natalie Maniscalco #publicrelationships #legacy