Audience, Questioning, Relationships, Equality, Ask
204 Leave an Opening for Action – Janet Zaretsky
The end result of speaking to an audience is to bring about change. Today’s guest shares amazing insights that will help make your talk more actionable by making it relevant, simple, and inspiring.
Janet Zaretsky is a master professional coach, author, and speaker who helps people unleash their brilliance, confidence, and visibility in the world. Janet has worked with over 32,000 people in the past 22+ years. She is a powerful advocate for ending the gender gap, both in pay and influence. Her work with women has led her to be a frequent contributor to Forbes. She is also the author of Where’d My Confidence Go … and How Do I Get it Back?
She is an International Coach Federation member, Enhanced Conversational Intelligence Coach, Certified in Behavioral Style Instruments, graduate of Coach U, and former senior program leader for Landmark Worldwide.
- Janet’s audience, and why she focuses on those committed to ending the gender gap.
- How Janet uses inquiring and questioning to learn about her audience.
- The value of videoing yourself, as well as the audience, during your talk to get helpful feedback.
- Why it’s important to know whom you’re talking to.
- What Janet wants from her audience, and why she focuses on making it relevant, actionable, and simple for people.
- Janet’s strategy for pivoting when a talk is not going well.
- Janet’s three action words in speaking: empower, inspire, be unmessable with.
Brilliant You Podcastwith Janet Zaretsky