Response, Connection, Space, Engagement, Speaking
176 Who is Your Audience, and What Do They Need? – Laura Queen
There are so many things to think about as a speaker that it’s easy to feel it’s all about you. Today’s guest will give you a powerful reminder that it’s all about the audience. She will also reveal practical tips for discovering who you audience is and what they need.
Laura Queen is an accomplished speaker, author, and executive. She is the founder and Managing Partner of Colloquia Partners, LLC, whose mission is to elevate individual and organizational value through a unique people-centric, strengths-based, data driven approach to business consulting.
She has 20+ years of experience as a business leader in human resources and administration, previously serving as the Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) of G&W Laboratories, Inc. and the Vice President of Human Resources and Administration at Teva Pharmaceuticals, Inc. She has a Doctorate in Human and Organizational Learning from The George Washington University.
- Laura’s audience, and how she learns about them.
- What it’s important to know whom you’re talking to.
- What Laura wants from her audience.
- Ways your audience will tell you that your message is coming through.
- The power of pausing and giving space during a presentation to achieve your goal.
- A time when Laura spoke to an audience she did not know.
- Laura’s three action words for speaking: provoke, catalyze, inspire.