Today’s show is another in a series of bonus episodes each featuring one of the incredible talks given by my participants in The Big Talk Academy as a part of our Virtual Showcase. This showcase is the culmination of their hard work as they cross the finish line to becoming certified speakers.
These episodes give you a peek behind the scenes to witness the amazing Big Talks presented, and also give you exclusive access to my live feedback and direction I give to each speaker immediately following their performances.
This week’s episode features Rosemond Sarpong Owens and her talk, Remembering We Are Kin Should Be an Antidote for Dismantling Racism — Lessons I Learned From Being a Grandma to Ducklings.
Rosemond Sarpong Owens loves the Lord, loves people, loves life, and loves to laugh. She is a storyteller with an infectious enthusiasm for life. She attended Wesley Girls’ High School in Cape Coast, Ghana, the University of Ghana, and the University of Minnesota.
Across the globe, she has developed a rainbow coalition – an amazing tribe with people from all walks of life and works day and night – to fight for a more just and equitable society.
She is a gifted speaker, an author, and a humorist who sees a silver lining in every cloud. She calls herself a Chief Encouragement Officer (CEO) because she believes that God created her to encourage herself and others through life.
In her powerful and creative Big Talk, Rosie shares the effects of systemic racism and the way we can effectively dismantle it if we work together.
In this talk, she explores:
- The definition and history of racism
- Her optimism in the fact that we can all one day respect one another’s intrinsic value regardless of race, ethnicity, or nationality
- How to gain a new perspective of one another
- The difference that can be made if all just do our part
More from Rosemond
More from Tricia
Save your seat from my Masterclass, The Art of the Big Talk: Stepping Into The Red Circle
Consistently Share Your Big Idea with Secrets of The Big Talk
Download my FREE Ebook: 7 Step Formula for Fearless Speaking
Explore my content and follow me on YouTube
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Connect with me on Facebook
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Follow The Big Talk on Twitter
Visit my website at TriciaBrouk.com
Click To Tweet
- If we realize that we are kin regardless of our race or background or national origin, we will not dehumanize one another. � ~Rosemond Sarpong Owens #bethechange #endracism
- Can you imagine what we could do if we all would do our part to speak against racism and to protest injustice when we see it?� ~Rosemond Sarpong Owens #useyourvoice #dismantleracism