Engagement, Connection, Empathy, Presentation, Action
193 Connect Directly with Your Audience – Talia Pollock
As a speaker, you know that social media, newsletters, books, and other content can make a big impact on your audience. But today’s guest reminds us that personally connecting with people remains a powerful way to understand your audience and impact their lives. You’ll also hear her fascinating story of how standup comedy unexpectedly led to a speaking career.
Talia Pollock is the creator of Party in My Plants, a hilarious hub of healthy living help. Through her popular Party in My Plantspodcast, LOL cooking videos and recipes which have been seen on outlets such as The Doctor Oz Show, and her sought-after coaching and events, Talia proves that it’s practical and possible to live healthfully without compromising your social life.
Talia is a holistic health coach from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, a speaker (and a former stand-up comedian!), a plant-based nutrition expert through Cornell University, and a health-supportive chef from the renowned Natural Gourmet Institute. She has made it her mission to help others eat more plants so they can have a life as epic as a party and how to ultimately … take the hell out of healthy eating!
- Talia’s audience, and their most common needs.
- How Talia learns about her audience by engaging and connecting with them.
- What Talia wants from her audience, and how she gets them to do it.
- How her relationship with her audience inspires them to action.
- Talia’s experience in standup, and how it helped her make a pivot to speaking.
- The actions Talia takes when she is not connecting with her audience, and the power of pausing, asking, and translating.
- Talia’s three action words for speaking: inspire, entertain, motivate.
Click to Tweet
- When you know whom you’re talking to, you can speak their language and relate to the pain point they are experiencing. ~Talia Pollock #speaking
- When you are not connected to the #audience, when the audience is not there to get something from the talk, there is a huge disconnect. ~Talia Pollock
- When you know your #audience, you can talk directly to them, which can result in you inspiring and moving them to clear #action. ~Talia Pollock