This week on The Big Talk Podcast, we are getting into part of two of my performance-based series covering David Mamet’s book, True and False: Heresy and Common Sense for the Actor.
I constantly refer to this book both when coaching my speakers and directing my actors. Because the idea of being able to perform from a place of truth and intention — and not being something that you are manufacturing — is how you truly connect with your audience.
If you have a copy of David Mamet’s book, I’d love for you to follow along with me in the passages we cover. However, whether you have this book in hand or not, I promise you’re going to gain so many valuable insights from what we are talking about that they will be impactful as you apply them in your speaking.
In this episode, we’ll explore:
- The level of control you have over your thoughts and emotions both on stage and off
- Insights into different methods of acting and performing
- Why writing a powerful talk and clearly knowing its intention before you take the stage will serve you
- The importance of being in the moment when you are onstage
- The danger in manipulating your audience and their emotions
More from Tricia
Save your seat from my Masterclass, The Art of the Big Talk: Stepping Into The Red Circle
Consistently Share Your Big Idea with Secrets of The Big Talk
Download my FREE Ebook: 7 Step Formula for Fearless Speaking
Explore my content and follow me on YouTube
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Connect with me on Facebook
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Follow The Big Talk on Twitter
Visit my website at TriciaBrouk.com
Click To Tweet
- All you have to do when you take the stage is say the words. �You imposing how you feel about the words is going to get in the way. ~Tricia Brouk #speakers #publicspeaking
- When you’re on stage you’re always in the moment�, going after what it is you desire with intention, so that you’re never thinking about yourself and you’re never thinking about the feeling you have about doing this. ~Tricia Brouk #speakers #davidmameth