In this episode of The Big Talk Podcast, I’m so excited to continue sharing with you from David Mamet’s book, True and False: Heresy and Common Sense for the Actor. This is the third part of this series and I know it is going to be incredibly helpful in supporting you on your speaking journey.
In these episodes, I am reading sections of the book to you, and I am also analyzing what is being put forth as we break down its application to prepare you for the big stages you are meant for.
I love David Mamet’s style and use it when directing all of my actors and speakers. The reason I love his method so much is how he puts into practice objective and action. Let’s get started!
In this episode, we’ll explore:
- Your responsibility as a speaker giving your Big Talk
- The power in sharing from a place of simplicity
- How to discover what is possible alongside your audience
- Ways to combat the excuses that surface as you prepare to give your talk
More from Tricia
Save your seat from my Masterclass, The Art of the Big Talk: Stepping Into The Red Circle
Consistently Share Your Big Idea with Secrets of The Big Talk
Download my FREE Ebook: 7 Step Formula for Fearless Speaking
Explore my content and follow me on YouTube
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Connect with me on Facebook
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Follow The Big Talk on Twitter
Visit my website at TriciaBrouk.com
Click To Tweet
- When you are delivering your big talk, it is not about you. �We do not need to know what emotional rollercoaster or ride you are going on because it’s your responsibility as the speaker to take us on the ride. ~Tricia Brouk #speakers #publicspeaking
- You have control over the level of excellence with which you show up in the world. �~Tricia Brouk #useyourvoice #influentialvoice