What Makes a Great Eulogy: Giving a Eulogy That Truly Celebrates the Person You’re Honoring
In today’s podcast, I read again from Lend Me Your Ears: Great Speeches in History by William Sapphire. And this is a very unique episode because the speeches I’m sharing are actually three eulogies.
While it may seem strange that I’m reading eulogies, the reality is that it’s incredibly important if you ever have to give a eulogy that you have inspiration. Because when you think about what it means to stand up and honor someone who has passed, you want to do everything possible to get that moment right.
Also, when you are a speaker and thought leader, you are always acting as an influential voice, and making an impact with the words you share.
In this episode, we’ll explore:
- George Bernard Shaw’s salute to his friend Albert Einstein
- The words India’s Prime Minister Nehru shared about Gandhi
- The eulogy I gave at my father’s funeral
- What to do when or if you are called to speak about a loved one’s life
- What makes a great eulogy
More from Tricia
Consistently Share Your Big Idea with Secrets of The Big Talk
Explore my content and follow me on YouTube
Follow me on Instagram
Connect with me on Facebook
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Visit my website at TriciaBrouk.com