This week, I am so excited for you to meet Jessica Buchanan! I had the honor of working with Jessica on her TEDx Pearl Street talk a few years ago, and I know you’re going to be so inspired by her and her story.
Jessica is a Teacher, Author, Humanitarian, Speaker, and Survivor. In 2011, she was abducted at gunpoint and held for ransom by a group of Somali pirates for 93 days, until she was rescued by order of President Obama. Her story is detailed in her New York Times bestselling book, Impossible Odds: The Kidnapping of Jessica Buchanan and Her Dramatic Rescue by SEAL Team Six.
Jessica is a highly sought after inspirational speaker, and her TEDx Pearl Street talk, ‘Change is Your Proof of Life’, has been the foundation upon which she travels the world.
She co-hosts the popular women’s conversational podcast We Should Talk About That. She is also currently running her own publishing imprint for women who want to write their own memoirs. Her second book, Deserts to Mountaintops: Our Collective Journey to (re)Claiming our Voice, was recently released on January 25th.
In this episode, we’ll explore:
- Living as a survivor and what to do on the other side of a traumatic experience
- The importance of practicing gratitude and controlling your mindset
- How to stop abandoning yourself and start using your voice
- Writing your story and how Jessica is helping other women do this
- Jessica’s current favorites: Book: The Poisonwood Bible, Speaker: Michelle Obama, and Podcast: We Should Talk About That
More from Jessica
LinkedIn: Jessica Buchanan
Podcast: We Should Talk About That
Book: Impossible Odds & Deserts to Mountaintops
TEDxPearlStreet Talk: Change is Your Proof of Life
More from Tricia
Streamline your speaking business with Speaker Flow
Explore my content and follow me on YouTube
Follow me on Instagram
Connect with me on Facebook
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Visit my website at TriciaBrouk.com