Speaking, Why, Audience, Why, Fear
211 The Story Underneath Your “Why” – Jeffrey Shaw
We often hear that speakers must determine their “why.” Today’s guest will challenge you to dig deeper and explore the story beneath your “why.” He will also share his fascinating journey to the TEDx stage.
Having a keen eye isn’t just for what one sees, but also for what one senses. Having been one of the most sought after portrait photographers in the U.S. for more than three decades, Jeffrey Shaw, a.k.a. the Lingo Guy, uses this honed intuition to teach entrepreneurs how to attract their ideal customers by speaking their Secret Language. Jeffrey is host of the popular business podcast Creative Warriors, a nationally acclaimed keynote speaker, a TEDx speaker, a business coach for entrepreneurs, and author of the bestselling book, LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible.
- Jeffrey’s experience as a TEDx speaker, and his perseverance in applying 13 times to be a TEDx speaker before he was accepted.
- The value of finding the story underneath your “why.”
- What Jeffrey learned about himself during the process of preparing his TEDx talk.
- The importance of finding a balance between being prepared and rehearsed.
- Why “extemporaneous” rarely looks as good as we think it does.
- The value of getting to know your fellow speakers.
- What was most surprising to Jeffrey about the process, and why a TEDx event has its own vibe.
- How being a TEDx speaker has helped Jeffrey personally and professionally.
- Three pieces of advice for potential TEDx speakers.
Click to Tweet