Mindset, Preparation, Goals, Success, Distractions
Living in the Moment – Kristina Hallett
You can prepare for a big talk, but what happens when the unexpected happens or you go “off book”? Today’s guest shares how she maintains a tension between preparation and living in the moment when speaking. You’ll learn how these strategies apply to your speaking as well as your life and business.
Dr. Kristina Hallett is a board-certified clinical psychologist, executive coach, and speaker who specializes in harnessing the positive power of stress, self-compassion, and radical self-care. She helps professionals develop skills to make stress work to their advantage to increase productivity and well-being through changes in mindset, perspective, and everyday practices.
- A bit about Kristina’s speaking platform.
- Why Kristina’s “Living in the Moment” talk at Speakers Who Dare was such a transformative experience.
- The importance of breathing and hydrating to improve your speaking.
- The kind of awareness a speaker needs to be fully present, and the importance of seeing a talk as a conversation.
- What Kristina learned about herself from the Speakers Who Dare process.
- What surprised Kristina the most at Speakers Who Dare.
- How speaking has impacted Kristina personally and professionally.
- Practical tips for speaking more effectively.
Kristins’s talk: Watching a Talk Happen (Living in the Moment)
Click to Tweet
- The more we practice #speaking up and sharing the things we know to be true, the easier it gets to do it. @KHallettPhDABPP
- On this episode, @KHallettPhDABPP shares how to successfully deal with #distractions when #speaking.
- We grow through having people around us who are where we are and beyond, and who have the same kind of stretch #goals for themselves. @KHallettPhDABPP #success