Anxiety, Message, Fear, Courage, Mental Health
Your Message is Bigger Than Your Fear – Tonya Harris
It’s easy to let fear hold you back as a speaker. What if you forget your script? What if people don’t like your talk? What if the unexpected happens? Today’s guest shares a powerful technique for dealing with fear, as well as offering many other tips for becoming a more effective speaker.
Tonya Harris is an award-winning toxin expert, childhood cancer survivor, and mother of three. She is the founder of Slightly Greener, offering busy Moms simple solutions for reducing toxins in their home. Tonya is also the founder of the Happy Child Project, a movement to de-stigmatize learning disabilities and mental health challenges in children.
- A bit about Tonya’s current platform.
- What Tonya learned about herself in the Speakers Who Dare process.
- The importance of being vulnerable in your talk.
- The value of having immediate feedback when you speak in front of a live audience.
- The “What If” technique and how it can help you.
- How speaking has impacted Tonya personally and professionally.
- Practical tips for becoming a more effective speaker.
Tonya’s talk: Discrimination and Mental Health
Click to Tweet